Faced with vocal opposition both in the Parliament and on ground, the NDA government has finally allowed the ill-advised Land Acquisition Bill to lapse. Reasons for this capitulation have been widely debated, but it signals...
- Coal Satyagraha: When hundreds marched and mined their own coal
- A woman human rights defender’s satyagraha in India’s coal belt
- Expert Panel Rejects Coal India’s Request to Remove Environmental Public Hearings for Coal Mine Expansions
- #LandBillVictory: A Time to Celebrate And Deliberate
- Human Rights Defenders in India’s Coal Country